15 Inspirational Family Prayer Quotes, 9 Encouraging Bible Verses, A Family Prayer, & Benefits of Praying Together
The Importance of Family
God created the masterpiece of the family unit. Family is the fundamental institution of mankind, and family reflects the character of God.
The love we see between a husband and wife gives us a peek into God’s passionate faithfulness. The rollercoaster ride of parenting provides a captivating picture of God’s love and patience toward us as His children.
Prayer plays such an important part in our relationship with God. After all, how can we have a good connection with someone unless we talk to them?
Whether you are praying with your biological family, your adopted family, and/or your brothers and sisters in Christ, the act of saying a prayer together as a family brings people closer to each other and closer to God.
Prayer is something we must do regularly so that it becomes a habit. Time spent talking to God naturally softens our hearts, which helps members have more understanding for one another.
When we make it a priority to pray together every day, it will change our lives (no doubt about it!). One of the reasons why prayer is so powerful is because it takes our focus off of ourselves.
A simple way to cover all of the bases when we pray is to remember the ACTS prayer method:
A stands for Adoration – this is where you praise God for who He is.
C is for Confession – this is where you confess sins and ask for forgiveness.
T is for Thanksgiving – this is where you express gratitude for the many things God has done.
S is for Supplication – this is where you humbly bring requests to God (for yourself and for others).
As promised, here are 15 Inspirational Family Prayer Quotes. You will also find 9 Encouraging Bible Verses to read together and/or pray together. Below that is A Family Prayer that can be used as a guide for your conversation with God. Lastly, there is a list of Benefits of Praying Together as a Family.
The Best 15 Inspirational Family Prayer Quotes
Through personal prayer, through family prayer, by trusting in God with faith, nothing wavering, we can call down to our rescue His mighty power.Thomas S. Monson
There is great power in prayer. I strongly encourage personal and family prayer, which are important in building strong families.M. Russell Ballard
Each family prayer, each episode of family scripture study, and each family home evening is a brushstroke on the canvas of our souls. No one event may appear to be very impressive or memorable. But just as the yellow and gold and brown strokes of paint complement each other and produce an impressive masterpiece, so our consistency in doing seemingly small things can lead to significant spiritual results.David A. Bednar
None can believe how powerful prayer is, and what it is able to effect, but those who have learned it by experience.Martin Luther
Know this: God’s delays are not necessarily His denials. So keep praying.Pastor Greg Laurie
A prominent judge was asked what we, as citizens of the countries of the world, could do to reduce crime and disobedience to law and to bring peace and contentment into our lives and into our nations. He thoughtfully replied, ‘I would suggest a return to the old-fashioned practice of family prayer.’Thomas S. Monson
There is great power in loving, consistent, fervent family prayer. Don’t deny your families this blessing. Don’t allow the strength that comes from family prayer to slip away from you and your loved ones through neglect.John H. Groberg
If we are practicing our faith and seeking the companionship of the Holy Spirit, his presence can be felt in our hearts and in our homes. A family having daily family prayers and seeking to keep the commandments of God and honor his name and speak lovingly to one another will have a spiritual feeling in their home that will be discernible to all who enter it.Dallin H. Oaks
With the influences of evil that surround our children, can we even imagine sending them out in the morning without kneeling and humbly asking together for the Lord’s protection? Or closing the day without kneeling together and acknowledging our accountability before Him and our thankfulness for His blessings? Brothers and sisters, we need to have family prayer.Neil L. Andersen
We can change the course of events if we go to our knees in believing prayer.Evangelist Billy Graham
Prayer is the mortar that holds our house together.Mother Teresa
Christians fight best on their knees. Whatever good may be done is done and brought about by prayer.Martin Luther
Prayer is not the answer. God is the answer. Prayer is the vehicle by which we reach God.Pastor Greg Laurie
Family prayer is the greatest deterrent to sin, and hence the most beneficent provider of joy and happiness. The old saying is yet true: ‘The family that prays together stays together.’Thomas S. Monson
God wants us to pray, and He wants to hear our prayers-not because we are worthy, but because He is merciful.Martin Luther
9 Encouraging Bible Verses (Quotes) for Family Prayer
- And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to Him must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who earnestly seek Him. Hebrews 11:6
- We love because He first loved us. 1 John 4:19
- He and all his family were devout and God-fearing; he gave generously to those in need and prayed to God regularly. Acts 10:2
- For I have chosen him, so that he will direct his children and his household after him to keep the way of the Lord by doing what is right and just. Genesis 18:19a
- Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. Colossians 3:13
- But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15b
- These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Deuteronomy 6:6-7
- But from everlasting to everlasting the Lord’s love is with those who fear Him, and His righteousness with their children’s children. Psalm 103:17
- He must manage his own family well and see that his children obey him, and he must do so in a manner worthy of full respect. 1 Timothy 3:4
A Family Prayer
We step into Your Holy and awesome presence today.
Thank You for Your great love and the many ways You watch over us.
May this house be a place of peace, joy, acceptance, and intimacy.
Help us to be kind and compassionate towards each other,
Forgiving each other, just as in Christ You forgave us.
We know that Your protection is more powerful than any weapon from the evil one,
And we ask that You would lead and guide us today and every day.
In the name of Christ we pray,
Benefits of Praying Together as a Family
- Prayer helps family members address issues or stressors that they are facing, and it also helps decrease tension in relationships.
- Your sense of unity will be strengthened.
- Intimacy will be increased.
- The relationship You have with God will grow.
- Your family will be blessed.
- Praying puts faith on display, which is beneficial for your children. This is an important way that beliefs are handed down to the next generation.
- Love for each other will be built up.
- Children will learn to pray for others because they have heard and seen their parent do so (this will increase the compassion they have for other people).
- Praying together regularly helps invite a sense of peace into your home.
- Making it a habit to thank God for things you’re grateful for will help instill a sense of gratitude in your children.
- Relationships will become stronger.
15 Inspirational Family Prayer Quotes
I’d love to hear from you! Please leave a comment at the bottom of the page.
Thank you, and it is my prayer that you and your family have a very blessed day! ❤
You may also like:
Powerful Prayers for Our Family
Best Prayers for Family and Friends
17 Popular Prayers for Meals
Best Prayers for Mothers
Prayers for Safe Travel
Short Daily Devotional Prayer
Powerful Prayers for Protection
Prayers for Strength and Hope
Essential List of Things to Learn about Prayer
Here is “The Family Prayer Song (As For Me and My House)” by Morris Chapman. Enjoy! 🙂